Positive Effects of Socialization by Living in a Senior Community
Do you feel isolated in assisted living? Does a loved one?
Do you sometimes feel depressed or lethargic?
Do you make it a point to try to interact with others?
An active social life could be the cure to your slump! It’s easy to understand the importance of encouraging young children to socialize, however sometimes we forget the importance of socializing as we age. Humans need fulfilling relationships with other people.
There are some important benefits associated with being socially active:
- A greater sense of belonging – In many cases, your loved one simply needs to feel loved and needed. They can accomplish this by getting socially active in a local senior living community.
- Improved physical health – How you feel emotionally is directly related to how you feel physically. When someone is socially active and feels needed, wanted and accepted, they’re more apt to be mobile and alert.
- Enhanced mental acuity – Studies consistently confirm that those who have active social interaction are able to maintain mental agility over a longer period of time. Motor skills and focus, as well as better attitude, are documented for those seniors who are socially active in a senior living community. In addition, social skills continue to give us helpful challenges as we grow older.
- An attitude of accountability – When someone is relying on you, it helps the mind remain active. As seniors age, the lack of accountability can create a lazy mindset towards schedules and deadlines. Being socially active allows for accountability to be restored, rebuilding a sense of responsibility in the individual.
- Having a purpose – All of us want a purpose in life, someone to share it with, someone to cry with and someone to rejoice with. Left unattended, our loved ones can turn inward, creating a wall or barrier, shutting out the world they sometimes feel they cannot relate to. By providing our loved ones with a relationship-based care system through a senior living community, we can help preserve and extend their quality of life.
Quality Assisted Living in Ann Arbor, Michigan
At Hillside Terrace, we put ourselves in your shoes. We want you to feel right at home! We treat our residents and their families the way we’d want to be treated if our roles were reversed.
We’ll help you make a smooth transition into the community of your choosing, including:
1. The Palms
2. The Orchard
3. The Vineyard
4. The Gardens
For floorplan information and availability for assisted living in Ann Arbor, please contact us today at (734) 761-4451.
Get Started Today: Schedule a Tour!
Our "Aging by Choice" philosophy allows a flexibility of options for our residents and their families; you choose what is best for you, and we make it possible. We’re confident in our ability to provide the best quality of care, the security, and the family atmosphere that you’re seeking! We warmly invite you to see the difference we can make when your family shares life with our family.
We can help your family create peace of mind. When you’re at home you’ll know your loved one is taken care of and in good hands. Schedule a tour of Hillside Terrace today!